Richard Faint LLM MBA FCIArb. MIEx.
- LLM Southampton University
- MBA Shepperton University
- Ex GAFTA Arbitrator (Trade and Maritime)
- Arbitrator at FOSFA
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Arbitrator at Chambre Arbitrale de Paris
- Supporting Member of the London Maritime Arbitrators Association – able to accept LMAA appointments.
- Arbitrator at London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA)
- Successfully completed IRCA approved training course for Auditor/Lead Auditor for ISM Code
- Set up CHARTER WISE LTD. as a Shipping & Trade Consultancy in 1995 after returning from Switzerland.
- Member of the Insurance and Litigation department, ANDRÉ & CIE Lausanne (Switzerland) 1981-1995. Troubleshooting and particularly maritime/trade disputes and arbitrations.
- Ex – seagoing deck officer (Over 10 years experience from Deckboy to Mate; OLAU LINE, ATHEL LINE, SILVER LINE.)
- Experience of Lloyd’s and Companies Insurance market as a claims broker.
- Experience of P&I placing and claims for a major East European fleet.
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (Chartered Arbitrator)
- Member of the Institute of Export
- Member of the British Maritime Law Association
- Council Member of International Commodity & Shipping Arbitration Service and Panel Arbitrator (Trade and Maritime)
- English and French.
Mahmut is a UK based Turkish national. Mahmut has a lifetime of relationships across Turkey and several years’ experience in business development, general, financial, risk and operations at a senior level in international trade and investments and project management. Mahmut set-up Universal Trade and Investment Associates following over a decade in London at Sabanci Group (www.sabanci.com) the pre-eminent Turkish financial industrial commercial conglomerate. Prior to this, Mahmut had 10 years’ diverse insurance and risk management experience working for Marsh (www.marsh.com) Turkey dealing with business development, setting-up the country operation of and achieving growth and margins targets through business development and customer service excellence. Mahmut has a keen interest in mediation.
A trader with unrivalled experience, he provides input on marketing strategies including trading patterns, market requirements and movements and, not least hedging and futures.
Phil Linder and Richard Faint worked together at André & Cie and between them can provide over 80 years’ experience in shipping and trading.
Together they have worked on some difficult high value cases to the satisfaction of clients including unpaid fob Sellers and the extraordinary case of the m.v. “YUSHO REGULUS” for fob Buyers.